Melksham Services - Civic Awards
Civic Awards 2012
To be awarded to any person who has, in the course of the year and through their activities, furthered the welfare and/or improved the quality of life of Melksham people. The individual nominated for this award may live outside the boundaries of Melksham Town as long as the activity has benefited the residents of Melksham Town area. If a nominee has received an award the previous year they are not eligible to receive an award for the same project the following year.
Enhancing Melksham Award
To be awarded to any person, company or organisation who has completed a project, which has improved the physical environment within the Town Boundaries. Examples might include the refurbishment of derelict buildings or those in poor condition, the improvement or provision of a natural habitat or the improvement of a public space. If an individual is nominated for this award they may live outside the boundaries of Melksham Town as long as the activity has benefited the environment of Melksham Town. If a nominee has received an award the previous year they are not eligible to receive an award for the same project the following year.
To be awarded to any team or individual who has excelled within the sporting field either by a significant winning achievement or by a significant improvement in their skills and personal achievement and development. To qualify for this award the team must be a Melksham team and the individual to reside within Melksham Town or be representing a Melksham team. If a nominee has received an award the previous year they are not eligible to receive an award for the same achievement the following year.
Nature of Award
A framed certificate to each recipient will be presented at the Mayor’s reception.
Application of the Awards
- Presentation of the awards to be made at the Mayor’s reception on the 1st March 2013.
- Town councillors are entitled to nominate individuals/organisations for awards but should not be named on the form so that the working party considering the nominations can remain objective.
- No Councillor or employee of the Council or a company or organisation in which a Councillor has a major financial interest can receive an award.
- An advert will be placed in the local newspaper inviting nominations for the award. Nominations to be made on a form available from the Town Hall.
- Closing date for nominations is the 7th January 2013.
- Working party with delegated power to meet as soon as possible after the deadline to consider the nominations and make decisions.
View or Download the Civic Awards Criteria
Link to view/download the Civic Awards Criteria
View or Download the Community Award Application Form
Link to view/download the Community Award Application Form
View or Download the Enhancing Melksham Award Application Form
Link to view/download the Enhancing Melksham Award Application Form
View or Download the Sports Award Application Form
Link to view/download the Sports Award Application Form
The Forms above are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) and you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on you computer to read them.